Monday, February 25, 2013

Christmas 2012

We had such a wonderful Christmas this year. It was nice to be able to travel to New Mexico and see both of our families.
Cute Hailey and her new stroller and doll. Hannah still hasn't stopped mentioning "Haywee".
Hannah found out where the pineapple cookies stash was and would take anyone who didn't know she already had her fair share to get her more. She came out with 2 this time. She sure has her dad's sweet tooth. These cookies are one's that Aleasha's family made her whole childhood and it was fun to see them in the same yellow bowl at her Grandma's house.
Hannah and her uncle Steve
Hannah loved opening her gifts this year and also everyone else.
Hannah helping her Nona open gifts.
Loving on Scout!
We went with Robert's brother Taylor to see the lights on Salt Lake's temple square.They are just so beautiful!
Hannah insisted on walking around. By the end she laid down on the ground. I asked her is she was tired and she replied with the saddest "yeah". We then carried her the rest of the way to the car. 
We have enjoyed some snow this winter. Hannah had gotten this elf outfit when we went to Texas and it was perfect to play in after one storm. PS: she is leaning up against her sandbox which is cover with snow and just looks like a mountain in our yard.
We did a few decorations this year. Robert and I always have a debate on what color of lights we are going to put on the tree. I like white lights and he likes colored. I offered to put colored lights on if he would help put them on and decorate; to which he replied "let's do white lights". Though I got to put on the lights myself I got the white ones.
Hannah got out her book and opened it. I asked her what rhyme it was and she immediately started doing pat-a-cake. We have really started noticing how aware she is of things and how much she it learning and growing.




We received many amazing gifts for Christmas. One of the greatest gifts came before Christmas. On December 8 I had a feeling that I was pregnant. I had several signs but dismissed them because of how long it took us to get pregnant before. I had those feelings so many times before in years past and it was always negative and didn't want to spend the money for a test. On the 8th I decided to finally take a test. It came out POSITIVE. I was excited but still didn't believe it. So I took another one or two. Robert was playing his cello for our ward Christmas party and I didn't want to take his thoughts away from that so I waited till after. It was funny because during the party he held a friends baby and it was fun to see him holding a baby. Afterwards I made a comment about how he looked like he was enjoying holding the baby. He said, "Yeah, why can't we just have another one?" To which I replied "Well, actually.......I'm pregnant!!!". He was totally shocked and thought I was kidding. Once he saw the tests he started getting excited. A few weeks later the for sure signs kicked in: nausea, can't brush my teeth without gagging 2 sec into it, and smells that make me puke. Since I was so sick we decided to tell our family on Christmas since we would be there.

Hannah was the first person I told. Two days later I asked her what was in my belly. She said "A baby". I quickly grabbed the camera and got her in video saying that. She was the one who broke the news to our family. We showed them a few pictures/videos and ended with this video. 

No comments: